Monday, January 26, 2009

You'll never guess the identity of our surprise mystery villain!

"It can't -- It can't be!"

"No! It can't be!" "But it is! I've sensed it all along! I just wouldn't let myself believe it!"

"Oh my God!"

"Why didn't I see it? WHY?!"

"Oh my, God!"



Courtesy of:

Stan Lee, John Romita, Sal Buscema, 1969:





Gary Friedrich, John Romita, 1971:


Gary Friedrich, Sal Buscema, 1972 (a reveal so cool, it had to be spread over two issues):






Steve Englehart, Frank Robbins, Joe Giella, 1975:



Jack Kirby, Mike Royer, 1977:


Roger McKenzie, Sal Buscema, Mike Esposito, John Tartaglione, 1978:




J.M. DeMatteis, Mike Zeck, 1981:


Mark Gruenwald, Larry Alexander, Bud LaRosa, 1991:




Mark Waid, Ron Garney, Scott Koblish, 1995:


2 comments:

ct said...

A new addition to this would be the revealing of Red Skull as the one behind it all in Old Man Logan.

Esteban Pedreros said...

Well, at least Remender said it even before the comic is published. That's original, right?(?)